Apartment tour.

posted on: September 4, 2012

I am in love with my new home. Technically it's an apartment - but it is absolutely deserving of the word HOME! Oh yes, and it's the first place I've ever had to myself. What can I say, we graduate students need our space :) I had no idea what this apartment looked like when I decided to just go with graduate housing, but I think I made the right decision!!! Anyways, here's a little home tour of the new pad. Yep, it's heaven for all the things I've inherited, found, and made. Along the way are tips to reuse everything from family heirlooms to magazines for a new look at no cost. Save that money!


 First dishes ever! And my grandmother's cookie jars.
 Take those cabinet doors off and voila - no more claustrophobic kitchen!
 Easy wall art: pretty magazine spreads.


My desk area is pretty much the only part that's new- save the antique ice chest holding up the white board. The plants you see in some of the pictures were chosen based on their ability to improve indoor air quality: Areca Palm, Peace Lily, Dracaena, and Money Tree.
 That chair is one of my main photo props. The lamp was my grandad's doctor's office exam light, the TV table was also his, the bookcase/china cabinet was a south Texas find.
 Cots can stand in as couches! Both end tables are antiques.
 This cute little table was my aunt's and mother's when they were in school. The art on the wall ledge are either my own photographs, calendar images, and pictures from friends.
The wood candle holders were made by a bride and groom as wedding favors from tree limbs in their yard.
 More inherited pieces - the bed frame, pillow, and wall art.
 Antique store finds.
And the original view. Like I said, it's heaven.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Here is Home All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger